Cleaning patio tiles can feel like a major job. Fortunately one that can be done in no time. With these 5 ways your patio tiles will be shining in no time. And you enjoy a clean patio.
The cause of dirty patio tiles
As soon as the sun comes out, it is wonderful to sit in the garden. After a period of time, your patio tiles may be dirty and look dull. This is caused by dirt in the air, where soot and fine dust adhere to the tiles. The major causes are traffic on busy roads and industry. The deposits on your patio are difficult to prevent, but easy to solve. Would you like to enjoy the sun on a sparkling patio? Patio cleaning and sealing is a good job for the spring.
4 DIY ways of cleaning patio concrete
HG patio cleaner is the solution for cleaning (concrete) patio tiles effectively. On the internet, various tips are shared for cleaning your patio without a pressure washer. HG selected a random number of tips you can use to get going. Consider using the following patio cleaning tools: a brush, soft household soap or sand. This is how to go about it:
1. Brush the dirt from your patio
Clean the patio tiles with a grout scraper, water and a tough, stiff brush. First clean the grout between the tiles with the scraper. Then take a bucket of warm water, throw it over the patio and scrub the garden tiles. Your patio is clean again. Remember that this is a tough job if you don’t use other tools or products.
2. Use soft household soap to clean dirty patio tiles
Add soft household soap for this second method of cleaning your patio. This is how you do it:
- Fill a bucket with water and soft household soap. The number of litres of water is the same as the number of tablespoons of soft household soap.
- Throw the mixture on your patio tiles and scrub with a stiff brush.
- Leave to work for 30 minutes and rinse with clean water.
If it doesn’t work immediately, leave the soapy water to absorb overnight. Be careful: the tiles can become slippery with the soap.
3. Spray the patio clean with a high-pressure cleaner
Use a high-pressure jet cleaner to clean your patio tiles effortlessly. Work from left to right and from the top to the bottom. NB: depending on the type of tiles, the pressure of the high-pressure jet cleaner may damage your patio. Consider this before treating your patio tiles with a high-pressure jet cleaner.
4. Scrubbing with sand
Sand works like a natural sander. Spread sand over the tiles and throw some soapy water on top. Scrub your patio with a broom and scrub off the dirt. Sweep up the remaining sand and throw it away. If you don’t like a sandy patio, this method is not for you.
Remember your garden
Not all patio cleaning solutions are good for your garden. Avoid salt and vinegar. These products are absorbed by the soil and in high concentrations they affect the soil, your flowers and plants. This is a shame, because there are plenty of garden-friendly ways to clean your patio tiles.
HG patio cleaner: the effective aid for cleaning your patio
You’re looking for an immediate result? HG patio cleaner is the simplest way of cleaning your patio without a pressure washer. HG patio cleaner is a highly concentrated cleaner that has been developed specifically for cleaning patio tiles. HG patio cleaner cleans dull, grey gravel tiles and concrete tiles. After treatment with HG patio cleaner, patio tiles look like new again.
Complete the following steps and clean your dull gravel and concrete tiles with this HG patio cleaner:
- Wet the tiles first, do not forget the grout and wipe up any puddles.
- Mix HG patio cleaner with 4L of water in a container that fits a stiff broom, in a washing-up bucket for example.
- Submerge the broom in the bucket and apply the patio cleaner whilst scrubbing. Leave it to work for a few minutes.
- Then scrub again and rinse the tiles with plenty of water before the liquid dries out.
original article can be found here, credit HG