It is the last great English institution, nothing beats a well prepared cup of Rosie Lee, that’s Tea for those born after 1990.
High Tea, Afternoon Tea, Elevenses, An Empire was built on it and it has beneficial medicinal properties too.
Many, many varieties are available and all have a purpose in life, from waking you up in the morning, to getting you ready for bed in the evening, from stress relief to energising your body.
There is a whole ritual involved in preparing a proper cup of tea, i’m not talking about putting a bag in a mug and pouring boiling water over it, My Gran would skin you alive if you did that at her house.
- Bring freshly drawn, cold water to a boil in a kettle
- When water is at a gentle boil, remove heat.
- Pour hot water into teapot and teacups and pour off. By warming the cups in this way, the water temperature will be more consistent.
- Add the proper amount of tea leaves per person to the pot.
- Allow water to cool to the proper temperature, if necessary, and pour over the tea leaves.
- Steep for the proper length of time. 3 minutes is optimal
- Strain completely into another teapot or directly into the serving cups.
We offer a large range of Specialist Teas at Homecare Essentials, come and celebrate #teatagtuesday with us and raise your pinky.
Dont Forget the biscuits!